Something tells me that this essay will end up involving whales and jellyfish, even though it’s not supposed to.
I’ve been talking about under-the-sea things a lot in my delirious states this week.
I’ll bet Nietzsche fuckin’ loved whales…
Hehe I know that feeling. Some of my papers ended up being pretty entertaining…
As I got increasingly tired, it kinda went like this:
- Not remotely tired = too hyper to sit down and focus.
- Calmed down enough to write = words come out, well structured paper is planned.
- Getting kinda tired = still makes sense, but very distractable, progress slows.
- Legit tired = quickly transitions through blunt and kinda cranky-sounding to extremely articulate and absolutely snark-tastic. (The best paragraphs are written in this stage.)
- Falling asleep = coherent sentences are punctuated by random letttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttsjflk oh sorry must have dozed off there for a second… uh, letters. Occasionally brain filter fails and you see words that were said on the tv or by passersby/roommates.
- Straight up delerium = grammar, spelling, logic, and heck, making any sense at all are now optional. Turtles, fictional characters and anthropomorphic colors may now make appearances in elaborate dramas debating the relative merits of disparate points of view on the assigned topic… or nectarines, whichever works.
- Full circle = at some point, usually around sunrise, I will have either acquired a second wind or more coffee, or just given up / passed out and taken a nap, returning the cycle to the first stage, hopefully long enough to finish the paper.
In other not-unrelated news, I have decided I’m going to start arbitrarily blaming all problems in my life on my complete and total lack of circadian rhythm.
(Pretty sure that assessment will be 95% accurate anyways.)
OH GOOD GOD, TUMBLR.
118 pages of dashboard? REALLY? I know it’s been a while since I checked you, but REALLY?!
After browsing about 30 pages, I wanted to give up, but figured I was close to caught up.
After 40 pages, I figured I had to be moments from done.
At 50, thought there couldn’t be any more.
But it JUST. KEPT. GOING.
And then there was a point where I figured I had to keep at least scanning through, for sheer stubbornness sake, or just to see how much of this nonsense there actually was.
ONE HUNDRED EIGHTTEEN PAGES.
That’s roughly 1,180 posts since the last time I read through my dashboard.
It really hasn’t been that long. I don’t even really follow that many people.
- Sistercreature: What do I need to get?
- Mom: Polio.
*Sigh.* That’s fairly depressing… and rings all too true. But alas, not giving up just yet… still clinging to hope/denial.